Iodine Sanitizing Teat Conditioner/Winter Teat Dip
Derma-Kote is a unique teat dip containing 0.5% (5,000 ppm) iodine with 74% emollient providing potent killing ability with unparalleled skin conditioning. The well known germicidal power of iodine kills mastitis-causing bacteria on contact while the emollient helps heal damaged teat skin and protects the teats from the effects of harsh weather, especially in winter. U.S. Patent No. 6,902,747.
Features & Benefits
- Superior Skin Conditioning - Contains 74% emollient which delivers unequaled skin protection and conditioning.
- Proven Effective - In a teat dip protocol test recommended by the National Mastitis Council and in field trials across the U. S., Derma-Kote has been proven to significantly reduce new intramammary infections.
- Excellent Healing Properties - Aids in the healing and softening of teats and teat ends that have been chapped or injured, therefore diminishing the possibility of skin related mastitis problems.
- Winter Teat Dip Qualities - Winter’s low temperatures and humidity create ideal conditions for teat chapping and frostbite. With proper housing management, Derma-Kote will reduce teat chapping and help lessen the chance of frostbite because of its 74% emollient formulation and non-freezing capabilities.
- Excellent Visibility - The green color provides visible confirmation that teats have been dipped properly.
- Ready to Use - Stable formulation requires no mixing.