Your benefits at a glance:
Basic equipment provided with the steerable spreader:
- Up-market hydraulic suspension - Braided hydraulic hoses
- Power steering system unique to GEA Houle - Integrated ladder
- Bearing housing and impeller - 8inch access door on top
- Heavy-duty discharge pipe with anti-syphon - Hydraulic hose support
- Fill opening with protection grid - Anti-skid strip on top of spreader
- Front fill indicator - Jack
- Drain system - Wheel wrench
- Swivel hitch
Power Steering System
THE GEA Houle power steering patented system is unique in that it matches the turning angle of the tractor. The operator can disengage the power steering system to improve stability while traveling on the road. When disengaged, the wheels are maintained parallel to the reservoir by means of heavy-duty compression springs.
· Ensures a safer operation
· Reduces damage to vegetation and eliminate strain on spreader hubs, axles and chassis
· Is protected by a spring loaded mechanism
Heavy Duty Power Steering Swivel Hitch
Our heavy-duty power steering swivel hitch adapts to different types of tractor tow bar. Available with a 3inch or 3.5inch pivot shaft.
The 12inch stroke suspension allows for smoother travel over irregular terrain and reduces stress to the reservoir.
Suspension Design: Suspension cylinders are located close to the centre of gravity of the reservoir. When the spreader is full, this unique design reduces excessive load variations on the draw bar and improves the tractor traction.
Rigid transaxles, in combination with suspension cylinders mounted close to the wheels, reduce the "rebound effect" commonly experienced on rough roads.
Red - Axles are attached under the tank by 4 sway bars and 1 cross member mounted on rubber bushings.
Yellow - Suspension cylinders provide equal weight distribution on each wheel.
Blue - The steerable axle(s) chromed king pins are mounted with greasable brass bushings. Bolted axles are easy to remove.
Optional Weight Transfer System
The weight transfer system is operated on demand by the operator to increase the tractor traction as needed.