Sanitizing Barrier Teat Dip
InterSept is a base and activator teat dip with a true film-forming barrier designed to help protect the cow’s udder from bacterial invasion. The quick drying film-forming agents along with potent germicides, chlorine dioxide and chlorous acid, provide extended bactericidal activity between milkings. Environmental and contagious mastitis-causing organisms are no threat to this powerful udder protectant.
Features & Benefits
- Extensively Tested - Germicidal activity test, skin irritation studies, N.M.C. recommended protocol testing, and commercial dairy field trials have proven InterSept to be a very effective mastitis prevention agent and udder protectant.
- Powerful/Broad Spectrum Germicide - Once InterSept’s base and activator are mixed together, very powerful germicides (chlorine dioxide and chlorous acid) are produced. These germicides have been proven to kill bacteria, viruses, fungi and spore-forming bacteria.
- Long-Lasting Formula - The recently enhanced formula extends the product’s germicidal efficacy and staining ability, retaining its effectiveness for 24 hours or longer after mixing (see directions for use for further details).
- Film-Forming Barrier Protection - InterSept provides a true film-forming barrier of protection on the teat. The soft, film-forming protectant intercepts environmental bacteria and helps prevent them from entering the teat canal between milkings.
- Dries Quickly - Unlike many of the teat dips classified as barriers, this powerful sanitizing teat dip dries quickly and is not sticky. Several competitive barrier teat dips dry slowly and are formulated with compounds that attract foreign matter to the teat.
- Reactivation Capabilities - Tests have shown that 24 hours after InterSept has been applied to teats, it remains germicidally active. If exposed to moisture between milkings, the germicide barrier will reactivate and continue killing mastitis-causing organisms.
- Contains Two Teat Conditioning Agents - Formulated with a combination of skin conditioning agents: PVP and glycerin. PVP is a moisturizing polymer that has such exceptional skin conditioning qualities that it is used for the treatment of skin burns.
- Easily Removed - The water soluble, polymer film-forming barrier is easily removed by pre-dipping or udder washing procedures. Unlike latex and polymer gel barriers, InterSept requires no peeling and does not leave particles that could clog milk line filters or adhere to milking system components.
For more information, see the downloads section (on the right) and choose the documents or multimedia files you would like to view.
Please click here to contact us if you have any additional questions on this product.